The Hillgrove NJROTC Cadet-Parent Organization (CPO) exists to support the cadets, the Senior Naval Science Instructor (SNSI) and the Naval Science Instructor (NSI). We are a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to providing financial support to the needs of the unit in addition to being available for the cadets and the instructors needs through various activities including, but not limited to, fundraising, the planning of social events, expense support of field trips, drill meets, orienteering events, Awards Dinner, Military Ball, and an end of the year cadet/family picnic. We also provide a way for all parents/guardians to be involved by getting to know each other while supporting the necessities of the cadets and instructors by aiding and serving the needs of the CPO.
The purpose of NJROTC CPO is to:
- To maintain and enhance interest in the Hillgrove NJROTC program in an effort to improve the visibility and enhancement of the program so as to build and strengthen relationships within and between the NJROTC program, Hillgrove High School’s Administration and student body, and the local community.
- Assist in the coordination of fundraising events/activities to help off-set the costs incurred by cadets participating in NJROTC activities. These activities may include trips, competitions, equipment, supplies, meals, snacks/drinks, etc. and other related unit support and improvement as determined by Naval Science Instructors.
- Provide parental assistance, as needed, at NJROTC sponsored events and activities, including but not limited to, chaperones on unit trips, hosted activities, competitions, community services events, etc.
- Assist in providing meals for cadets/parents at various events and unit activities, such as Military Ball, Area Managers Inspection, Awards Banquet, etc.
- Maintain effective communications within the NJROTC unit through email, website, and other communication media to keep parents, cadets, and other interested parties informed on unit activities.
- To have but not limited to, all the rights, powers, privileges, and immunities now or hereafter enumerated in Title 14 of the Code of Georgia as it may be hereafter given by law, or as now or hereafter may be enjoyed by a like non-profit organization, as those enumerated above, and said powers are made a part hereof to the extent as if they were quoted herein: The CPO is organized pursuant to the Georgia Nonprofit Corporation Code. The purposes for which the CPO is organized are for providing financial and educational support and training support for cadet students pursuing Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps with a preference toward the activity of NJROTC within meaning of the 501(c)(3) of Internal Revenue Code of 1986.